A Look at My Bookshelf #1

Hi there!
Today I'm trying something new: a linkup! I'm going to be doing A Look at My Bookshelf every Saturday. I'll be showing y'all pictures of the books I am currently reading. If you want to participate, please do so and put your link here on my blog!

Currently I'm reading . . .

To Kill a Mockingbird Kingdom, by Alexandra Christo.
Image result for to kill a kingdom
Do I like it? Yes! I love fairytale retellings. Although I think it's funny that this is actually a retelling of a Disney movie. Instead of The Little Mermaid, you could call this The (Evil) Little Siren.

Reclaiming Conversation, by Sherry Turkle
Image result for reclaiming conversation
Do I like it? Yes! This is nonfiction about how we are letting our phones lead us away from face-to-face conversation. It's really making me think. (And making me glad I don't have a smartphone.)
Also, it keeps giving me speculative fiction ideas: like, what if the government decided to implant a chip in everyone's brains that block out emotion??


Comments

  1. Oh I loved To Kill A Kingdom! But I didn't actually think about how the title was the same as To Kill A Mockingbird until you pointed it out.๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚Never going to unsee that haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving it more and more as I go further and further!
      Yeah, as I was typing it out I just suddenly was like . . . wait . . .

      Delete
  2. Oh I loved loved loved to kill a kingdom. It was on my top ten for 2018 so far. great book.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment