Top Ten Tuesday: Best Books I've Read in 2018 So Far

Hey there!

Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday, a linkup hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Today's topic is "Best Books I've Read in 2018 So Far." And . . . this is hard! What am I supposed to choose? The books that made me happy? The ones that made me think? The ones that made me cry?

In the end, I picked a little of everything. But I can assure you, of the books I've read in 2018 so far, these are the best.

Related image

In absolutely no order, then . . .

  • A Man Called Ove, by Fredrik Backman ––> Book that made me cry and laugh out loud.
  • Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen ––> Book that wowed me with incredible character development (this is a reread, actually).
  • Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh, by Robert C. O'Brien ––> Book with a stunningly creative premise and plot. (Also a reread.)
  • Love, Life, and the List, by Kasie West ––> Book that made me so, so happy.
  • Beauty, by Robin McKinley ––> Book that fed my eternal hunger for fairytale retellings. (Reread. For the third time. Which, for me who rarely rereads a book even once, is saying a lot.)
  • A Separate Peace, by John Knowles ––> Book with amazing characters (which I had not read before).
  • The Lost Husband, by Katherine Center ––> Book that made me warm and fuzzy inside and invited me to keep reading it.
  • The Child from the Sea, by Elizabeth Goudge ––> Book whose writing delighted me and whose story kind of destroyed me.
  • Pictures of Hollis Woods, by Patricia Reilly Giff ––> Book that reminded me of something I would write.
  • Bridge to Terabithia, by Katherine Paterson ––> Book that touched my heart.
Thanks for reading!
KB

Comments

  1. oh i have never read the bridge to terabithia. I need to put that one on my list. I did love the movie. great list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful book, even though it made me sad.
      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I loved A Man Called Ove. Ove is so grumpy and awesome. Terabithia is one of my childhood favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, yes! A Man Called Ove is probably my #1 favorite read of this year. So even though I say I don't organize these posts, sometimes I do.

      Delete
  3. Ahhh Pictures of Hollis Woods! I was JUST reminiscing about that one yesterday with my sister! I read it, ohhh maybe 7 years ago?! But it was such a good book and I haven't forgotten it at all. 😍 I also loved Mrs. Frisby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love both of them so much! Mrs. Frisby especially.

      Delete

Post a Comment