Top Ten Tuesday: Fairytales I'd Mash Together

Happy Tuesday!

I'm really excited to share this week's Top Ten Tuesday (hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl) with y'all. The topic is supposed to be "Books I'd Mash Together", but I'm doing "Fairytales I'd Mash Together," because fairytales are epic. There are only 5, though, because my creativity and patience fizzled.
Image result for castle

Here we go!

1. Hood.
This would be a mashup of Robin Hood and Little Red Riding Hood; I'm thinking that Red Riding Hood leads a double life: in the daytime she takes care of her ailing granny, while during the night she fights crime in the forest.

2. Threads of Gold and Darkness.
A mix of Beauty and the Beast and Rumplestiltskin. Once Upon a Time already did this, I know, but my vision for this story is way, way different. Here's the picture that inspired this idea:


3. Slumber.
This would be a mix of Sleeping Beauty and Goldilocks, set on a drowsy farm where it's always summer–August second, to be exact. From the outside, however, it looks like a perfectly normal abandoned farm that conforms with the season and weather. One day in February a girl taking a walk stumbles upon this farm . . . and the story unfolds . . .

4. Glass Girl.
A mashup of Snow White and The Princess on the Glass Hill. I think it would be cool to take just a few elements from each: poisoned apples versus golden apples, a glass coffin versus a glass hill, an evil queen versus a young, innocent princess.

5. Sugar and Vice.
A mix of Hansel and Gretel and The Gingerbread Man.

Hope you enjoyed that! Which of these would you most want to read?

Comments

  1. Sign me up to read any of these. You have some very good ideas here. Thanks for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this twist on the theme! #1 would be my favorite, just because I love all things Robin Hood. And Little Red Riding Hood has so much darkness to it that they'd work well together.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That was the first one I thought of. I kind of want to write it now!

      Delete
  3. Ahh this is such a clever way to do the prompt!! I LOVE mashing up fairy tales...and also doing like fairy tales and classic retellings?! (I've written a Goldilocks genderbent retelling which I enormously love.) Also doing Hansel and Gretel and The Gingerbread Man is genius! Somebody go write that.😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm actually starting to do research for Hood because I loved my own idea so much.

      Delete

Post a Comment