Authors are not as rare and mysterious as I had believed

Today I'm just sharing a fun email exchange with you guys. (Whoever "you guys" is . . . because I have so many readers.) A little while ago, I decided to contact a couple authors. I figured, Why not? I feel like authors are rare and precious gems who cannot be spoken to, but that's not the case at all! Many times, they love hearing from their fans. Besides Brigid Kemmerer, I also contacted Maurene Goo, and she did get back to me, but I somehow lost the email. But here's my exchange with Ms. Kemmerer! (Oh, and I just put her newest book on hold at the library. I'm looking forward to reading it!)


Dear Ms. Kemmerer,
I really enjoyed reading your novel A Curse So Dark and Lonely. I love fairytale retellings, and this one was a treat to read. Especially because I found my name in a book for the very first time!! Honestly, I didn't think that would ever happen . . . although I might rather have been the princess than the evil queen. :D

I'm looking forward to reading more of your books in the future!
–Karis


Brigid Kemmerer brigid.kemmerer@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2019, 3:21 PM
to me
Hi, Karis! You have an amazing name! I'm so glad you found it in my book! I'm sorry it was in the evil queen, though. I hope you one day find yourself in the princess. :-)

Thanks so much for writing to me (and for reading!).

Sincerely,

Brigid Kemmerer



So there you go! If you could write a letter to any author in the past (e.g. C.S. Lewis, Jane Austen, Jules Verne, etc.) who would it be??

Happy Thanksgiving!
KB

Comments