WWW Wednesday: November 15, 2023


I'm trying something new this week! Today I'll be participating in WWW Wednesday, which is a weekly tag hosted by the blog Taking on a World of Words. The three W's stand for:

  • What are you currently reading?
  • What did you recently finish reading?
  • What do you think you'll read next?

You'll see two of these books in my November reading recap post, so this will be a sneak peek!


Currently Reading: In a Holidaze, by Christina Lauren

I'm enjoying this book so far! It's reminding me strongly of the movie Groundhog Day (which is even mentioned in the book!) and less strongly of Welcome to the Pine Away Motel and Cabins, by Katarina Bivald. It's funny, fluffy, and just the right amount of romantic. I put it on hold at the library last year (or two years ago?) and it never came in because there were so many holds on it, so I got it early this year. Normally I don't indulge in Christmas songs or books before Black Friday, but my sister-in-law is already wearing Christmas pajamas and listening to Christmas music, so I'm giving in and starting Christmas early this year. Stay tuned for my final thoughts on this book in my November Reading Recap!


Recently Finished: In the Time of the Butterflies, by Julia Alvarez

I don't want to say too much about this one and spoil my reading recap post, but I will say that I enjoyed ITTOTB a lot more than the last book I read by Julia Alvarez, which was How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents (both books have great titles, though).


Next Up: War and Peace, by Leo Tolstoy

Quite honestly, I'm terrified. At 587,287 words, it is 68,191 words shorter than Les Miserables, which I have read twice. That's a whole novel less, so War and Peace should be a piece of cake, right?! Years ago, I put WAP on the first page of my TBR list ... and this is the year I'm finally knocking out that first page. I have no doubt that WAP will take me much longer than a month and a half to read, but at least I will have started it this year! Please wish me luck like the librarian who helped me check out did 🤞


That's all for this week! It's crazy to think that next Wednesday will be the day before Thanksgiving ... 

Comments