Top Ten Tuesday: Characters I'd Like to go on Vacation With


Every month, I try to sneak in one Top Ten Tuesday post, so here we are!

Top Ten Tuesday is a tag hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week, she picks a bookish prompt and then posts ten books (or, in this case, characters) that fit the prompt. This week's prompt is "Characters I’d Like to go on Vacation With".

My favorite trips have been ones I've taken with one other person; for a few summers, my mom and I would take a road trip to a location a few hours away and explore a bit (I think we went to Ithaca, NY, the Wyoming Valley in PA, and Chattanooga, TN. I wish we'd done more trips like that while I was still in high school). I also went to the WV Renaissance Festival with my best friend a few years ago. So, instead of picking ten characters I'd like to go with on a trip with in a group as the prompt suggests, I decided to pick ten characters I'd travel with separately on ten mini-vacations. 

Ready? Here we go!


1. Sam Gamgee (LotR)

I wouldn't follow him to Mount Doom, but I can picture us taking a nice, quiet ramble around the Shire together.


2. Jo March (Little Women)

I feel like she'd be a relaxed yet no-nonsense traveling partner. I think we'd go to the beach, like she does with Beth. Hopefully our trip would be happier than that one!


3 & 4. Khai and Zariya (Starless)

Two for one–I would be safe from anything with Khai around, and Zariya would bring her gentle humor to any mishaps we might encounter. Maybe I'd bring my husband too, though, just so I wouldn't be their third wheel.


5. Evelina (Evelina)

Sometimes it's comforting to travel with someone who's just as unsure and uncomfortable in new places as you are.


6. Will Lawrence (The Chronicles of Temeraire)

I'm not sure I'd want to travel by ship or by dragon, so maybe I'd meet up with Lawrence and Temeraire at our final destination (China, maybe?). I think they'd be fun to hang out with.


7. Beck (Back When We Were Grownups)

She'd organize everything down to the minute and make sure everyone was having a good time.


8. Flick (The Strangeworlds Travel Agency)

Flick is such a brave little soul–and imagine the worlds she could show you! You'd probably run into some pirates or other dangerous characters though, so it wouldn't be a very relaxing vacation ...


9. Hava (Seasparrow)

And her blue foxes, of course. I think Hava would be a very comfortable traveling companion. We wouldn't talk much, and that's fine with me.


10. Isabella, Lady Trent (A Natural History of Dragons)

I loved spending time with Isabella between the pages of all of her books, so although I think she'd push me way beyond my comfort zone, at least I wouldn't be bored!



What about you? Do you prefer to vacation alone, with one other person, or with a group? Let me know what you think of my picks in the comments!



Comments

  1. I’m with you on Evelina. Great list.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! Sam is definitely the ultimate travel partner. Lol. And I am adding Seasparrow to my reading list. I want to read about blue foxes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seasparrow is the fifth book in Kristin Cashore's Graceling Realm Series, so if you haven't read the previous ones, I'd recommend it! It might be rather confusing otherwise, although Kristin Cashore is a great writer, so it might not matter too much! Either way, I highly recommend her books!

      Delete
  3. I wonder what Jo and Sam would think of each other? I think they might get along well.

    Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That mental picture made me chuckle out loud. I honestly don't know, but I'd like to find out!

      Delete
  4. I love that you say where you wouldn't follow Sam. That made me smile. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you have to draw the line somewhere! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. Great list! I think being pushed to do things and never being bored is what vacations are about!! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I mostly prefer to just read on vacation, but I'd give that up for a chance to spend some time with Isabella!

      Delete
  6. I would definitely vacation with Sam! He's the best! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sam Gamgee would be the best friend to have ever! I would love to join him for a lovely stroll and a great conversation. He'd probably listen really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think he would be a great listener!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Most of my vacations have been with family, with at least two other people along for the ride besides myself. I have a semi-solo trip coming up soon. Semi-solo, I am flying to meet my mom for a cruise and then flying home alone.

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/its-check-in-time-ten-books-set-in-hotels/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jo would definitely be a fun person to vacation with. I feel like she would be lively, but low drama. In other words, the perfect travel companion!

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Low drama is key! Drama and travel don't mix well.

      Delete

Post a Comment