Paper TBR Cleanup

Last September, I purged my paper TBR (the list I kept on small pieces of paper held together with a paper clip before I started using Goodreads). I feel like it's time to comb through it again and see if I can clean it up further!

After my last purge, I had 154 books left on the list. Now, I have 135, which means I've read about 19 books from my paper TBR in the last year! (I may have added one or two titles since then, which is why it's about 19.)


Why the West Rules–for Now, by Ian Morris

Genre: Nonfiction

Release Year: 2010.

Reason for Deleting: It looks too political. I don't do politics.


Tramp: Or the Art of Living a Wild and Poetic Life, by Tomas Espedal

Genre: Nonfiction/Essays

Release Year: 2006

Reason for Deleting: This just doesn't appeal to me anymore.


No Banners, by Unknown

Reason for Deleting: I seem to recall that this was about some members of the French Resistance movement during World War II, but the closest thing I could find was No Banners, No Bugles by Edward Ellsberg. Again, not super interested in this one.


The Contagion Myth: Why Viruses (including "Coronavirus") Are Not the Cause of Disease, by Thomas S. Cowan and Sally Fallon Morell

Genre: Nonfiction

Release Year: 2020

Reason for Deleting: I'd probably get cancelled at work if they knew I took this off my TBR, but I'm so over COVID and all the conspiracy theories surrounding it.


The Big Book of Cidermaking, by Christopher & Kirsten Shockley

Genre: Cookbook

Release Year: 2020

Reason for Deleting: I'm not sure why I put this on my TBR, since I'm not interested in cider making. If I wanted to try my hand at making a fermented beverage, it would be either kombucha or mead.


Woohoo! I'm down to 130 books on my paper TBR! And I already bookmarked a few for next year's National Months challenge.


Comments