Book Beginnings and The Friday 56: Peter and the Starcatchers

I enjoyed The Friday 56 so much last week that I decided to do it again! (The Friday 56 is a linkup hosted by Freda's Voice.) This time I'm also doing the Book Beginnings linkup found at Rose City Reader. I've chosen to share passages from Peter and the Starcatchers, by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson.

Book Beginnings

The tired old carriage, pulled by two tired old horses, rumbled onto the wharf, its creaky wheels bumpety-bumping on the uneven planks, waking Peter from his restless slumber. The carriage interior, hot and stuffy, smelled of five smallish boys and one largish man, none of whom was keen on bathing.

The Friday 56

He hesitated, weighing the risk of waking the guard against the hope of finding food. Then his stomach growled, making the decision for him. 

Comments

  1. Great snippets! I'd love for you and your readers to check out my book for this week! https://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviews82418

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very descriptive beginning! I hope you are enjoying the story. This week I am featuring Second Chance on Two Love Lane by Kieran Kramer from my review stack. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha-ha. What a great opening line! Hope ou are enjoying the book. Is this the first book in the series? My Friday Quotes and review of SPEAK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The story is so fun! The opening line does not mislead. Yes, this is the first book.

      Delete
  4. I feel like I'm part of the beginning! Lovely! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure if I would like this book, but the minute I read that first paragraph, I was reassured!

      Delete
  5. I would like to know more about the book. See what I'm featuring at Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun one! I'll be doing a review of it soon.

      Delete
  6. I've heard good things about this one. Hope you enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven’t heard of this book, but that’s an amazing first line.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karis, I really need to try The Friday 56!! I really enjoyed how this quote is so descriptive. I feel like I just smelled something rotten. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun! I almost like it better than Top Ten Tuesday because there are fewer links–it's less overwhelming!

      Delete

Post a Comment