The Friday 56: My Cousin Rachel

Hello!

Not to overwhelm you with posts or anything, but I just found a new linkup that looks really fun! For the Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, you choose a sentence or two (no spoiler sentences!) from page 56 of any book, or from 56% of the way through an ebook, and post it on your blog.

I started reading Daphne DuMaurier's My Cousin Rachel this morning and I just reached page 56. Perfect timing! Here is my selection . . .

The city slept. I was the only loiterer. Even the solemn bells were silent, and the only sound was the river, sucking its way under the bridge. It ran more swiftly now, it seemed, than in the day, as though the water had been pent up and idle during the long hours of heat and sun and now, because of night, because of silence, found release.

Comments

  1. Welcome to the meme! I remember reading this one long ago and enjoying it. This week I have As Death Draws Near by Anna Lee Huber - a historical mystery. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read this one badly.... Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't finished it yet, but so far it's well worth reading!

      Delete

Post a Comment